Friday, November 23, 2012

Of Blessings and Gratitude

Everyday is reason enough to be grateful. Life is truly amazing. If you cannot see the wonder and greatness of the world around you each and every minute of your life, then you are not opening your eyes.

I like celebrating Thanksgiving Day. And it is not just because of the turkey or the family dinner, but rather, I like the thought that we are reminded to give thanks. Because in honesty, we all have a lot of reasons to be thankful for. If we really look at our lives, despite the challenges and the problems and the heartaches, we are all still blessed.

I look at my life and I am amzed how God never ceases to bless me. Yes, I have been through a lot of things this year. I lost my dear grandmother, business was a bit slow, some things got out of hand and well, it was never a walk in the park. I made a lot of mistakes, was frustrated a lot of times and failed more times than I could ever hope for. But through it all, I came out strong and I am still fighting. We become who we need to be because of what happens to us.

A wise person once told me, it is not in what happens to us that determines our future, it is in how we react to what happens to us that dictates where we are going. I agree. We need to go through everything in our life because we need to grow and develop to be the kind of person we wanted to be.

I have an amazing life and my dreams are within reach. I am not there yet but I will be very soon. With that, I can never be thankful enough.

Here is to our wonderful life. Buenas dias!

No comments:

Post a Comment