Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Of Vehicles and Destinations

I was on my way to my usual Monday business training in Makati and I suddenly realized something. Traffic wasn't as heavy that day but during a traffic light stop I had a few moments to watch most of the people on the road. Some on commute, others driving their cars and some chose to walk. We are all heading some place, to work or home or for me, a training. It dawned on me that life and success is as simple as this road we are all traveling. We all have our own destination in mind, and the choices we make determines if we will get there or not.


my training look: off shoulder blouse, fitted grey pants
Everyone is going somewhere, but is it where we really want to go? Some people are lucky enough to actually love going to work. But most people, dream of going on a vacation somewhere rather than spend 8 or 10 hours in a cubicle at work. Others are excited to come home to their family while more people come home to an apartment alone. 

the "fountain of youth" logo of Nu Skin
Our destination, I believe are the same. We all want happiness. Whether than happiness comes from having time with your family, or being successful, or having enough money, a big house, a car, a chance to travel, the ability to help other people or give to charity or support your church or whatever. At the end of the day, we all want to be happier. The destination is the same, the difference in our lives depends on the vehicle we chose to ride: are you riding a jeepney on commute (doing what everybody is doing), walking (watching while somebody else is doing something), driving your own Kia (trying something on your own) or riding a Ferrari (doing something out of the box). Nothing is really wrong with the vehicles that we choose, the question is how fast will we get to our destination? Or, should we ask, with what we are currently doing, will we really get there?

It is during these moments that I am thankful for Nu Skin, my Ferrari, the vehicle that I chose to ride. I know I'll get to my dreams faster and surer.

Choose your vehicle well. Buenas dias!

No comments:

Post a Comment