Friday, November 16, 2012

In Following Your Heart

No, this is not about romantic love, but love still.

I believe that each one of us have dreams. That "I've always wanted to be, do or have" kind that we have always wanted to achieve in our lives. Sadly though, not everyone gets to fulfill their dreams. Maybe because they've given up, or they tried once and got hurt that they never wanted to try again, or they never had the courage to even try.

I am talking about following one's heart, doing what one loves despite everything else and choosing to fight for one's dreams.


caren kate cu
my photo shoot look - khaki polo, skinny jeans with brown leather belt

Just recently, a good friend of mine, Charmaine Loise Clamor, asked me to take her picture for she needs it as requirement for an audition in an upcoming Broadway and West End musical. I agreed to do it excitedly. Of course, it would not be as fun if I would not be working with talented people such as Mel Nunez, our make-up artist for the day.

I admire Charmaine's courage. She has an amazing voice and is a very talented singer. I believe that she was born to sing. But one must first step up, be brave enough to really want it, to be given the chance to live their dreams. Making things happen is not easy but it is always worth it.


caren kate cu charmaine clamor
Mel Nunez prepping our beautiful model, Charmaine Clamor
I am not a professional photographer but my love for this art led me to venture into this world of looking at life through my lens. Here are some of the pictures from the shoot. Hope you like them:


caren kate cu charmaine clamor
I just love the effect of mirrors and minimum lighting
caren kate cu charmaine clamor
Charmaine's sexy look: dark smokey brown eyes, nude lipstick
caren kate cu charmaine clamor
Blurring the background to highlight an off-center subject
caren kate cu charmaine clamor
Charmaine's fresh look: minimal eye make-up, pink lipstick and blush
I believe that God does not put the desire in out hearts without giving us the possibility to put it into action. He gave us the talent to be a singer or an artist or whatever it is that you love to do, because that is what we were meant to do. Our life's purpose is doing what we love. It is fulfilling our heart's desires. It is following our hearts.

A lot of people thought that when you follow your heart and go for your dreams, it will be a lonely ride. It doesn't have to. Success is best accomplished with a great team. I am thankful that I have great people to share my dreams with. Moments like these are etched into our memories because they are experienced with friends:


caren kate cu charmaine clamor
with my friends: Charmaine (model) and Mel (make-up artist)
When asked how I can be thanked after the shoot, my honest reply was: "to be given the trust of taking the pictures is thank you enough for me". As for my friend Charmaine, I pray that she gets the part. She'll be amazing on stage, I just know it.

It is not often that people get to do what they love and love what they do. I have that in my life. My dream is that every person can have the chance to do what they love and what makes them happy. But first, one must know what they want to do. Mine is capturing moments, Charmaine's dream is singing on stage, what's yours?

I hope that you will give your dreams a fighting chance. Buenas dias!

No comments:

Post a Comment