Saturday, January 12, 2013

In Looking For Opportunities

For the past few days, I have been meeting a lot of people for a project that I am working on. I am expanding my business and is growing a brand from a billion to 5 billion dollars in 3 years.

I learned two things that made me excited about what I am doing.

What struck me was the kind of people that shows up - mostly 40's and above, earning quite well with their job and those who are in a good position with their companies. Those who usually cancel the appointment are young people or those who are just simple employees. My mentor is right, successful people become successful because they are the ones who keep their commitments and they are the ones who are always open to new opportunities. Those who I believe, really needs the opportunity, are those who are not really open or is not even looking.

Another thing was the question that, why do people in their 40's, 50's and even 60's still look for other opportunities? I mean, one should already be made and enjoying their lives at that age, right? It made me think a very simple yet profound truth: if I stay at work and do the best I can on my job, I will get promoted, earn a good income but at the age of 40 or 50, I would still be looking for an opportunity that will help me reach my dreams (if ever I still believe in dreams).

I was sharing this to my mentor a while ago at our monthly Fast Start Training. I was telling him about what I realized about life and my choices. One, if you are looking for business partners, look for those who are already successful, not just because they are your friends. It's best if they are both. Second, if I do what everyone else is doing, then I will get the result of everyone else. It is very easy to know your future, look at those ahead of you who are doing what you are doing. It you like their life, keep doing what you are doing, if not, then do something else.

I am so thankful that I made a wonderful choice of being in business. I hope that you are also excited about the choices you made in your life.

Buenas dias.

1 comment: